More like post-meltdown cleanup actually… Anyway, it has been a couple weeks since I stumbled down the self-destructive blogger path that obliterated “Conquering the Gaming Backlog”. The aftermath of the radical reshaping of my blog’s identity (with little rational thought on my part I might add) had left most of my posts in a rather disorganized mess (well, more so than usual). I have finally finished cleaning my chunk of the internet, and I’m happy to announce everything here now meets my low quality standards. With all the domain changes and whatnot, WordPress may have spammed people I linked to in the past while I was editing things (so yeah, sorry for that).
- I made tweaks to the header image. It now has more pink lightning bolts in the background, just because lightning is my favourite weather event. To loosely quote someone badass: “It flashes bright, then fades away. It can’t protect… It only destroys.”
- The sidebar now features two shiny trophies I earned from two awesome bloggers. Scroll down to see their awesomeness.
- I have created a new category system. You can test out how easy it is to find my ramblings (not that you’d want to) by using the drop down menu on the sidebar.
- I created a newly designed archive for all my posts, which can be found here.
- I’m casually tracking my video game backlog progress again. In retrospect, the biggest problem with my old system was that it was too focused on what I wasn’t accomplishing. I was basically just calculating how many hours of my life the backlog monster would require in order to defeat it. My new tracker, Ye Olde Gaming Backlog, has a list of all the games I own vs what I haven’t played yet. As of this post I have completed a respectable 59.4% of my games (I hope my maths are correct). This is much more encouraging than thinking about how many years my backlog requires. Feel free to check it out and leave any comments.
This feels like my blog now, and I’m enjoying rambling on LightningEllen’s Release. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who left such encouraging comments on my meltdown post. This wonderful group of random internet strangers truly means the world to me.
- I started playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius so I’ll be doing a post on my impressions of that soon. Preview: Trying to get my favourite character is proving to be harder than catching lightning in a bottle, but the gameplay is surprisingly fun (for now).
- I’m still having a blast helping out Aloy and Link on their differing quests. Part II of my simultaneous journeys through Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild will be happening soon.
- I’ve never been much of a reader (but I love writing for some odd reason). Lately however, I’ve had the pleasure of reading a few fantastic fan fictions and published novels. I think I might try reviewing those soon.
- I have all but given up on writing my novel. While I figure out what I’m doing with that tangled mess of words, I do have a few short story ideas in mind. They may or may not make an appearance here (confidence level: below -9000!!)