This week has been crazy busy for me and I caught the annoying cold bug that was going around. Sadly, I didn’t have much time or energy for gaming/trolling the great blog posts here on WordPress (my two favourite hobbies). Well, here’s my delayed report on what I’ve been up to anyway. I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday… *sneezes*
Backlog Battle Progress
I’m on the moon baby! I advanced the intriguing story (big plot detail revealed) and added a magical genius to my party. I also had fun exploring the new area on a lunar whale ship thing. Good times!
My party’s stats: Cecil Lv 43, Rosa Lv 42, Rydia Lv 41, Edge Lv 40, Fusoya Lv 50. Before returning to the troubled planet, I’m going to try and get the Bahamut summon from a perilous moon cave. Seriously, what is with me and side quests?
At least I didn’t get distracted by side quests in this game, for once! I’m so proud of myself. I completed two story quests, bringing my character closer to finding the person she seeks. One had me charging through a heavily contaminated area called the Glowing Sea. My makeshift suit of Power Armor shielded my character from the nasty radiation in the area. It had been a while since I used it so I forgot that I love how the armor works in this iteration of the series. I just hate that it has limited power sources (not really an issue for me now though since I managed to stockpile 15 Fusion Cores from my side questing). The other quest had me hunting down a very dangerous “man” through the Greentech Genetics building. He killed me a few times before I figured out a great method of attack: Molotov Cocktails and Frag Grenades.
Shiny Trophy Unlocked:
Hunter/Hunted (Bronze) – Complete “Hunter/Hunted”
My character is now at level 31 and my new Synth buddy loves it when I hack things. I plan to stay focused and keep the story going.
Did not play.
Games Shamefully Purchased:
An Evil Wizard ended my no purchase streak and malevolently informed me of a Steam sale I couldn’t pass up. I got both of these games for a whopping 1.05 CAD:
- Cthulhu Saves The World
- Breath of Death VII
Random Weekly Ramblings
- I’m incredibly honored by the blogger awards I was nominated for last week! I’m too lazy to do the posts (I’m sure the innocent internet has seen enough of my self centered ramblings anyway), but I really appreciate the nominations. I highly recommend you stop wasting your time here and go check out these far better bloggers:
- PIXELDUMP – An awesome blogger who seems to understand my never ending struggle to beat Fallout 4.
- Milo and Reuben over at Stuff and That – A top notch review blog for many types of media. Also loads of sarcastic humor to keep me entertained!
- Falcon Game Reviews – I’m really enjoying his survivor story posts and in-depth game reviews. I really need to play Mass Effect some year.
- Reckless Reporter over at Game Cosmos Press – Bringing me the latest reports straight from the dangerous virtual gaming field. He really knows how to throw an award post too. Points for the open bar and Fallout 4 location!
- Cheap Boss Attack has notified me of an interesting backlog blog event that happens this month: Four in February. I encourage anyone interested in participating to go check out CBA’s post. Basically, you choose 4 games to beat by the end of the month. This is a hopeless task for me but I choose: Fallout 4, Final Fantasy IV, ReCore, and Cthulhu Saves The World. I can’t wait to see how badly I fail at this by the end of the month…
Feel free to share your glorious conquests in that comment area thingy below. I could honestly use more inspiration…
“Do you seek Division? Have you come to merge with Atom, to be split in his infinite glory? Or do you seek to tear down his followers?” – Isolde, Fallout 4