Some days I just wanna raise the white flag and admit defeat to my omnipotent backlog. I’ve noticed that my powerful enemy’s greatest ally is the quickly ticking away time phenomenon. It’s just so easy to get wrapped up in real life and neglect my important virtual responsibilities. I’ve noticed a few of the much greater bloggers out there do inspiring weekly posts, updating the internet on their glorious gaming conquests. I’ve decided steal their ideas and do a similar weekly thing to keep myself in check. I have no idea why I chose Wednesday, but this will be the day I do this.
Backlog Battle Progress
This game feels like it has been in progress forever! I just can’t focus on the main story since I keep getting distracted by side quests, and other quirky goings-on in the post-apocalyptic world. This week I donned the Silver Shroud comic book hero persona to save a kidnapped friend, and retrieved a valuable beer dispensing robot from of a bunch of sadistic Raiders. These quests had absolutely nothing do to with the main story.
My character is at Level 22 and my in game BFF is the Mysterious Stranger, who keeps randomly showing up in V.A.T.S. to save my ass.
I gave up trying to get the Varia Suit before the High Jump Boots. Sadly, frantically mashing the controller just wasn’t working out for me, and that damn bat thing always found a way to kill me. I went to the Norfair area to acquire said High Jump Boots, and managed to snag them after a few deaths. I’ll just say this: if you turn the first “r” in Norfair into a space, you get a more fitting name for the area, No fair. I haven’t seen any of the 3 bosses yet. I can only imagine how fun those fights will be…
My next goal is to go get the Varia Suit to stop things stop killing me so quickly. I have a backlog side quest to finish this game before the end of the year, and I don’t intend to fail it. I’ll NARPAS SWORD it, if I have to.
I took a break from Joule’s slow-loading adventure before I gave it another shot this week. A 4GB patch was waiting for me, after my neglected Xbox One demanded an update of course. The load times do seem less annoying now, but they still interrupt the flow of game. I got torn apart by the first encounter with the ‘Big Bad Boss Bot’ so I decided to level up in the optional dungeons before trying to continue. I’ve fully cleared the Brood Hive dungeon now.
Joule’s weapon and Mack are at level 20, and her other Corebot buddies, Seth and Duncan, are a couple levels behind.
Games shamefully purchased:
- Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) – There’s a certain legendary review out there that I want to read so I bumped IV up on my “Need to play” list. After being stuck in slow cross border shipping red tape, my copy finally arrived Thursday. I plan to start it during my much needed Christmas vacation since I’ll be staying with family and the PSP is, well, portable.
- The Last Guardian (PS4) – I preordered this damn game last summer because it came with a sweet Collector’s Edition statue. There, I admit it, I’m part of the problem. I hated myself when I picked it up, but I’m pleased to see it got rave reviews. I don’t know when I’ll get to play it though.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Xbox One) – I’m going to make 2017 my “Year of Final Fantasy” and focus on Square Enix’s epic universe. 2017 also happens to be the 30th Anniversary of the iconic franchise so I timed that perfectly. In preparation, I have ordered a copy of all the games I don’t have yet, and actually want to play. This brand new copy was only $10 and arrived quickly since the seller was in my province. The rest are on the way.
Random Weekly Ramblings
- Fun Spelling Facts: As an innocent child, I learned to spell Wednesday by remembering it had ‘NES’ in the middle of it. Also, you can’t spell the word ‘excellent’ without using my IRL username, Ellen. That’s just how it is…
- This will be my last post before Christmas so I would like to wish everyone out there a very Merry Christmas, and/or a happy whatever holiday you do/don’t choose to celebrate. I wish you all health and happiness for the holiday season and beyond! 🙂
Feel free to share your glorious conquests in that comment area thingy below. I could honestly use more inspiration…
“I went to the zoo the other day. The only animal they had was a dog. It was a Shih Tzu.” – Drinkin’ Buddy, the cold beer and lame joke dispensing robot in Fallout 4.