A special thank you to The Shameful Narcissist for nominating my blog for this prestigious award. Honestly, I use this blog as an outlet to spew my small stream of gaming thoughts out to the massive ocean that is the internet. I’m both shocked, and honored, that some talented bloggers have taken an interest in my little corner of WordPress. I just want to say thanks to everyone out there who actually finds my random musings entertaining!
I know many of you reading this probably already know The Shameful Narcissist (I frequently see her comments as I stalk your blogs). I actually first met her through a comment on the The Well-Red Mage‘s blog. She is a very talented writer who offers a variety of reviews, insights into the editing process, Fanfictions, and more. I’m currently reading her amazing Fanfiction, Northern Lights, based on Final Fantasy VII. I’m only a few chapters into it so far, but she has already converted me from a Sephiroth hater. Definitely check out her blog if you haven’t yet!
The Rules of The Entertainer Blogger Award:
- Write a post including the award picture.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and most importantly ENTERTAINING!
- Add these rules to the post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
- Also, answer the questions down below.
Here I go:
Why did you start to blog in the first place?
Way back when, the bored 15 year old me started a user blog on a gaming website, Gamespot.com. I was trapped in High School at the time, and in desperate need of an outlet to express myself. You see in real life, I’m an Introvert. This means that my head is constantly buzzing with thoughts, and social interactions drain my battery. I like talking to and helping other humans, it’s just that I prefer my alone time in order to recharge. Let’s just say the whole public education system here was hell for me. It’s hard to fit in when you have a personality type that ~70% of the other people in the world don’t understand at all. And I know now that I must have seemed silent and arrogant to everyone else. Anyway, that little blog helped me connect with people who shared my favourite video game hobby, and it made my angst-y teenage years a lot more tolerable. I’ve abandoned that particular blog many years ago, due to some site controversy and I really didn’t like the direction they were going.
As I grew older, I started missing the blogging thing. I truly do enjoy writing, and I missed the community aspect of them. I decided to start this blog last year. I like the WordPress format better since it gives me control over my piece of the internet. I’m drowning in a backlog of games I want to play, so I decided to focus on my hopeless mission to play them all. I wasn’t expecting anyone to actually read this, and now I find myself blessed with 35 followers out there!
Side note: If you are personally dealing with despairing feelings about not fitting into the world, I suggest you take this personality test. It explains the entire Introvert/Extrovert concept, and it really helped me understand myself a lot better (I’m apparently INFJ-T, the Advocate).
What is your favourite book?
Oddly enough, writing is one of my favourite things in the world to do, yet I barely spend any of my time reading books. I blame it on my other time consuming activities. Other than The Shameful Narcissist‘s awesome Northern Lights Fanfiction, another blogger highly recommended the graphic novel series, Saga. I’ve never been into comics, but it seemed interesting. I bought a digital copy of Vol. 1 and couldn’t put it down until I finished it! The characters were interesting, and there was plenty of sarcastic/dark humor moments to entertain me. Be warned, Saga is for adult eyes only. It depicts crude adult situations (giggity), lots of gruesome violence, etc.
What to you dislike the most?
One thing that gets on my nerves is the never-ending “System Wars”debates raging across many gaming sites. It’s so sad reading the hate fueled comments some people spin, just because they think they’ve chosen the superior game console. Who cares if you’re blindly loyal to Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft? Definitely not me. I wish people would just play what they enjoy, and respect other people’s choices.
What is your favourite food item at the mall?
Poutine. A food item that makes me proud to be Canadian.
What is your favourite past time activity?
I have a 3-way tie for this one.
- Video Games – I think that’s a given…
- Writing – I’ll never admit this in real life, but I’ve been working on writing a novel for over a year now. It is actually the main reason why my gaming backlog has grown out of control. Most days I find that I’d rather pick up my keyboard and create my own world, instead of a gaming controller and just visiting someone else’s universe. I’ve always intended it to be for my eyes only, but it has always been a pipe dream of mine to become a published author. Right after becoming a famous Holloywood actress, winning the lottery, and being a Gold Record rock star. Dreams make life worth living I guess, even if they have no chance of actually happening.
- Combat Hapkido – A few months ago, I decided to try this fun martial arts discipline. I was inspired by the badass female video game heroes I admire (Lightning, Samus, Faith, to name a few). I’ve found that it eases my frustrated mind, and has really improved my confidence level. I’m just a low ranking Orange belt, but I feel I have gained enough knowledge to bring down anyone dumb enough to attack me.
I’ve rambled about my life enough for one blog. Now I get to nominate 12 other blogs. Don’t feel like you have to do one of these posts, and sorry if you’ve already done this. In no particular order:
- Blogging for Dopamine – This impressive lady introduced the Saga graphic novel series to me in one of her posts. She blogs about all kind of interesting Geek things. She also has great articles about Introverts/Extroverts, and other important mental health topics.
- Professional Moron – This humorous blog has always cheered me up whenever I’m having a bad day. There’s everything from horrible dating advice, to unique inventions that should have just stayed ideas (“Cemint” for example).
- The Late Night Session – Geek topic goodness plus helpful troubleshooting advice. We all know how bitter the Windows OS can be….
- The Otaku Judge – Well written critiques on games/anime, and also very aware of the pitfalls of the super popular Pokemon Go game.
- Terminally Nerdy – He’s on a WordPress vacation at the moment, but has lots of interesting game content on his blog. He seems to prefer making YouTube videos though.
- Paticlebit – One of the first bloggers I met on WordPress. He writes about various gaming topics, and has been focusing on Pokemon Go lately (including the recent issues plaguing the game).
- Extra Life – My go to place for in-depth reviews on a variety of games.
- Video Games Nebula – This guy offers an entertaining perspective on Video Games. What would happen if video game characters were real?
- Deconstructing Video Games – As the name suggests, this blog takes games apart and analyzes them from various perspectives.
- Log 1932 – A fellow Liberty Prime fan from Fallout 3. “DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE!”
- Gaming Picks – Entertaining posts about games they are working on. I’m looking forward to reading more about No Man’s Sky from them. (A game I’m currently staying away from for backlog crushing reasons)
- What Rhino Said – Great posts about his journeys through games. I really find his posts about attending game conferences entertaining. Someday, I want to actually go to an E3 event myself.