It’s hard to believe, but 2016 is now about half over. I decided to take a calculated look at how well I’m doing on my backlog so far this year. Let’s just say the results weren’t encouraging:
Games Added: 16
Games Finished: 2
Net Progress: -14
Total Backlog: 109
My confessional for added games:
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP) – Loved FFVII for the PS1, and I’ve wanted this game for a while. When I saw this on Amazon for a good price I decided to just go for it.
- Mega Man Legacy Collection (3Ds) – Needed that Gold Mega Man Amiibo…
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) – Needed that Wolf Link Amiibo…
- Fire Emblem Fates (3DS) – Technically, this is actually 3 games. Couldn’t resist the special edition.
- Pokemon Shuffle Mobile – Just a freemium game I decided to download out of boredom while traveling.
- Code Name Steam (3DS)– A local game retailer had a new copy on sale for $5. I would have passed on this title at full retail price, but it’s hard to say no to a decent game below $10.
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (PS4) – Was on sale and needed to add this to get free shipping on Code Name Steam. I always planned on getting this eventually.
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst (PS4) – That awesome Faith statue caught my eye. My swag addiction is a curse.
- Mirror’s Edge (Xbox 360)– Since I got Catalyst, I wanted to play through the original game first.
- Banjo Kazooie Grunty’s Revenge (GBA) – Found a cheap copy on eBay while looking for Mirror’s Edge.
- Banjo Pilot (GBA) – Same as above
- Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PSP) – Yep, eBay again
- Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (Xbox 360) – eBay…
- Jak X Combat Racing (PS2) – eBay…
- Uncharted 3 (PS3) – eBay…
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Xbox 360) – While picking up Mirror’s Edge Catalyst from a local retailer, a new copy of this was on the counter for $3. Why not?
Life’s too short for rules! At least that’s what I’m going to keep telling myself anyway. My biggest problem, other than not having enough time to actually sit down and play games, seems to be impulse purchases on cheap games. I’ll try to work on that, but it’s a tough habit to break.
What I’m working on now:
Mirror’s Edge (Xbox 360): I’ve beaten the story mode and I’m working on getting all non DLC achievements. Right now I’m stuck on trying to beat the speed run qualifying time for Chapter 9. That damn Server Room section gets me every time…
Fallout 4 (PS4): Despite having it since launch day, I’ve spent a grand total of 3 hours playing it. It has been a few weeks since I touched it, but I remember destroying some raiders with an awesome power armor suit I found on top of a building. I really love how they’ve implemented this! I also started doing the initial missions for my settlement. I really have to make more time for this game.
Pokemon Shuffle Mobile – Just a little time waster for when I have a few spare minutes. I’m growing bored with it so I should be finished soon.