It’s that time of year again! The E3 expo has always been an event that I look forward to every year, even though I really should be staying away from any gaming related news. My current exploding backlog of games has reached a whopping total of 109 unplayed games. The last thing I need is to hear about awesome new games I want to play, but I just can’t resist. Here is my wishlist of things I would like to see at this year’s event:
- More Amiibo! – 2016 is the 30th Anniversary of the iconic Metroid and Zelda franchises. Nintendo would really make this obsessive Amiibo collector happy if they announced more Amiibo from these IPs. I think Space Pirates and Zelda bosses would make great additions to my Amiibo shelf of shame. 8 bit versions of Link and Samus would also be nice to have. Oh and release dates for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta would be great too.
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 – I’m begging you Ubisoft, please give us a solid release date for this game (or let me down gently by saying it’s not going to happen). The first one was a masterpiece that I enjoyed playing through, and I really want to see a second title. Ubisoft has done nothing but confirm they haven’t given up on the sequel, while attempting to squash rumors about it being an exclusive NX title. This will most likely be another E3 where they don’t even acknowledge the game, but I can still hope!
- Banjo Kazooie Threeie – Another pipe dream. Banjo Kazooie on the Nintendo 64 was a game from my childhood that helped ignite my interest in video games. Rare has since been acquired by Microsoft, but I would still like to see them release another proper Banjo Kazooie title. That would be all the motivation I need to finally get an Xbox One.
- Yooka-Laylee – The developers of my favourite childhood games created a new studio, and are making a game similar to Banjo Kazooie. Let’s just say this was the first Kickstarter project I ever funded, and I’m looking forward to seeing what they have to show off at E3.
- Zelda for Wii U/NX – Another game that seems to have been in development forever. Nintendo has stated they will be dedicating most of their E3 time to this title, and I can’t wait to see what they’ve been working on for so long. Major Zelda titles have not disappointed me so far, and I have high hopes for this one.
- Horizon Zero Dawn – The post apocalyptic theme in video games has always been a favourite of mine. This game could be a potential rule breaker for me, and I’m hoping Sony will provide more details during their conference this year.